Writing the CETP Exams - AUD/SLP
- Exam Eligibility
- Exam Dates and Enrollment Period
- Exam Fees
- Exam Enrollment Process
- Exam Format
- Exam Accommodations
- Cancellation and Refunds
- Exam Instructions
Graduates from Canadian Accredited Education Programs
Graduates from Non-Accredited Canadian Education Programs (McMaster University)
There is a three step process:
Internationally-Educated Exam Applicants
|Year||Date of Exam||Exam Enrollment Period|
|2021||Thursday, December 2||August 15 to September 30|
||Monday, March 7||January 10 to January 21|
|Tuesday, July 5||April 1 to April 30|
|Tuesday, October 25||August 1 to August 31|
|2023||Tuesday, February 21||December 1 to December 31|
|Tuesday, July 4||April 1 to April 30|
|Tuesday, October 24||August 1 to August 31|
Exam Enrollment Process:
Phase 1 (between August 15 and September 30, 2021)
a) Complete application form.
b) Select one of the following on-line exam format options:
i) Computer-based testing at select exam centres (private and university-based) with an invigilator supervising the exam administration. Exam writers must present at a designated exam centre at 10 a.m. on the day of the exam. You will be required to select a city where you would write the exam.
ii) Live remote proctoring where exam candidates complete the exam on the same day from their home/office computer. An invigilator actively observes and monitors the exam candidate during the entire test administration. The invigilator ensures there are safeguards to protect the integrity and validity of the exam similar to an in-person proctoring. Special security and monitoring applications are used by the invigilator to scan the environment and ensure the computer is “locked” and can only be used for completing the exam.
c) Purchase exam
You will receive two emails:
i) An official tax receipt
ii) A confirmation that your exam enrollment was received and reviewed by SAC.
Phase 2 (between October 25 and November 5, 2021)
a) Exam Writers who selected Computer-based testing at select exam centres will receive an email with a request that you select the exact location where you wish to write the on-line exam from a list of available examination centres available on the day of the exam.The exam will start at 10 am in every location on the day of the exam. At that time, you will be provided information to access a Platform Tutorial which will provide you with an opportunity to become familiar with the platform prior to sitting for the exam.
b) Exam Writers who selected Live Remote Proctoring exam writers will receive an email to select a specific time to write your exam from a timetable provided for the day of the exam. It is essential to prepare for an exam with live remote proctoring in advance – please review the Exam Instructions section. Can you link to exam instruction B) for live remote proctoring
- There are two computer-based exam delivery format – computer-based testing in an exam centre or live remote proctoring.
Terms and Conditions for Testing Accommodations
Submit a Request for Testing Accommodations
Change to on-line exam format
Cancellation with no refund after this date.
A - Exam Candidates writing the on-line exam in an exam testing centre
Before the exam
- It is highly recommend that you test your username and password combination PRIOR TO THE EXAM DATE, as password resets may delay the start time of your exam.
- Once exam enrollment is approved, an email will be sent to you to select the exact location of your exam testing centre (between October 25 to November 5, 2021). You will also be provided access to an Exam Platform Tutorial that allow you to become familiar with the platform prior to sitting for the exam.
Day of the exam
- Please ensure that you arrive at your test centre 30 minutes before your scheduled start time.
- You must bring one piece of government issued photo ID with signature. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Driver’s license
- Canadian Permanent Resident card
- Other valid Government-issued photo ID.
- Verify that the first and last names of your ‘Candidate’ name (listed above) exactly match the first and last names on your ID. If the first and last names of your ‘Candidate’ name do not match your ID, please contact support at 1-888-900-0005 Option 1 immediately.
- Bottled water is permitted – no other food or beverage is permitted in the exam room.
- you can use the notepad within the testing platform for exam notes.
Before the exam
You must prepare your workstation in advance of the exam date. If you have not installed and prepared your computer for the on-line exam, you cannot write the exam.
Click here to view a ProctorU demonstration video.
1. Google Chrome is the recommended browser for your online proctored exam. Please complete the installation of this program PRIOR to your exam date.
2. Before launching your exam, disable the pop-up blocker in your Chrome browser.
3. Ensure that you have the ability to download and install programs on the computer that you intend to write your exam on. You will be required to install a program upon connecting to a proctor. Please note the program is not available prior to the exam day!
- If you are planning to use a work or school computer, you may not have the rights to download the program as needed. Check with your IT support team to see if you have the correct permissions.
4. Please ensure that you use a functioning free-standing or integrated webcam with microphone or independent microphone for the exam. You will use the webcam and microphone for the entire exam, and to pan your room.
5. You are only allowed to have one monitor running during the exam. If you have more than one, please disconnect it and ensure that it is turned away so that the screen is not facing you.
6. Your computer needs to meet minimum system requirements. Please verify that it meets the equipment requirements. If your computer does not meet the requirements, you must arrange to use a different computer.
7. To perform a System Readiness Check, navigate to the Exams Page and click on the ‘Test It Out’ link at the bottom of the screen.
8. A hardwired internet connection is preferred. A wireless connection can be used, but it can be unstable. If you choose to use Wi-Fi, we recommend a speed of at least 10 Mbps. Test your internet speed using one of these speed tests:
9. Confirm your username and password combination prior to your appointment time.
- Note: If you experience technical issues, which result in you needing to rebook the exam, you may be subject to paying additional exam fees
10. You must test on a hard surface (not on a bed or couch), and watches are not permitted.
11. It is recommended that you plan for an exam room that is free of distractions and interruptions. If possible, ensure that your workstation positioned so that a closed door is behind you.
Day of the exam
Click here to view a demonstration video.
Before logging-in to write the exam:
- Have a government-issued photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.).
- Select a location that is private, in a well-lit room, and you must be alone with no one else around you.
- Clear your workspace from all materials except those allowed by your instructor.
- Close all third-party programs and unplug any secondary monitors.
- Remove any non-religious head coverings.
- Make sure you have downloaded the ProctorU extension for either Chrome or Firefox.
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS (Note: This is the same process as outlined in the video)
1. Log into your account 2 to 3 minutes before your scheduled appointment and click Start Session when the countdown timer reaches 0:00:00.
2. Pre-exam checks: If you do not already have the ProctorU extension, you will be prompted to download it. You will be required to accept exam guidelines and terms of service. The browser will prompt you to share your screen – this is a requirement of the remote proctoring online. You will be automatically guided through a series of equipment checks to make sure your system meets minimum requirements.
3. Photos & Authentication of Identity: You will take a photo of yourself as well as your I.D. for identity verification purposes.
4. Chatbox download: You will be prompted to download and run a LogMeIn Rescue applet file that will bring up a chat box allowing you to text with your proctor. If prompted, be sure to click “open” or “allow” to give the file permission to run. When the chat box states “waiting”, this confirms that you are in the queue waiting for your proctor. If your status shows “waiting”, do not re-download the applet file as that will put you back at the end of the queue.
5. Proctor Connection & Confirmations: Your proctor will greet you and confirm that you passed your identity verification steps. You’ll review the exam rules with your proctor and they’ll ask to see any permitted resources that your instructor has allowed you to use during your exam.
6. Remote System Check: Your proctor will ask to take remote control of your mouse and keyboard via the LogMeIn Rescue applet in order to make sure no unpermitted programs are running. You will be able to see everything that your proctor is doing during this step, and it is impossible for them to access any files without your knowledge.
7. Camera Pan: Your proctor will ask you to show the 4 walls of your room as well as your desk space via your webcam. You may or may not also be asked to show your computer monitor. Your proctor will make sure your cell phone is out of reach.
8. Navigating to the Exam & Password Entry: Your proctor will then direct you into your LMS or exam delivery system so that he or she can unlock your exam with the password we’ve been provided by your instructor.
9. Write Your Exam: Your proctor will release control of your computer and you’ll begin your exam when you’re ready.
NOTE: Your webcam view and your screen will be recorded through the duration of your exam.
Steps to take when you have completed your exam:
1. Alert the proctor when finished BEFORE submitting: Prior to submitting your exam, let your proctor know through the chat box that you are finished. They will oversee the submission process. You may also be required to clear a white board or tear up any scratch paper used during the exam.
2. Review results: If your exam results are made available immediately, you may review them for as long as you like.
3. Log out of your exam site and browser: After reviewing your results, your proctor must observe you log out of the exam website and close out of all browser tabs.
4. Close out of ProctorU chat box: This will end your session with ProctorU. Once the chat box closes, you’ll be invited to complete a customer satisfaction survey.
5. Done: You are done! Enjoy your day!
Additional information for remote live proctoring exam writers:
Important MAC OSX notice for security changes
What am I not allowed to do during my exam
FAQ – online proctoring
How to perform a monitor scan (This cuts right to the portion of the video that showcases the monitor scan)
Terms of Service