Scholarship for Communication Health Assistant Student Associates
SAC recognizes that students are a vital part of our membership and are the future of the professions we represent. As part of our ongoing commitment to support student associates in their pursuit of becoming communication health assistants, SAC’s Board of Directors has established an annual scholarship valued at $750.
Applications for the CHA Student Associate Scholarship close February 1, 2021.
Applicants must be:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- SAC Communication Health Assistant student associates.
- Full-time students enrolled in a formal educational program for communication health assistants
Applicants will be evaluated based on:
- Academic transcripts
- Academic references
- Essays (including key items listed on the essay topic sheet)
How to Apply:
All applicants must submit the following before the deadline:
- An academic transcript
- One academic reference
- A short essay (maximum 800 words)
- Scholarship Information and Application Form
- Academic Reference Evaluation Form (Microsoft Word | PDF)
- Scholarship Application Essay Items
- Applicants will be notified by email of recipient status.
- Please notify SAC of any changes to the email address given on the application form.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status and a social insurance number (for a T4 to be issued) must be provided upon request.
- The recipient’s name, university or college and province or territory may be used in SAC publications.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to submit my application by mail? No. You can email all application forms to email@example.com.
- Is it okay to include the reference evaluation form(s) in my package? No. The forms must be emailed by the reference person directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I submit a photocopy or scanned version of my official transcripts? Yes, but SAC holds the right to request a physical copy of an official transcript if deemed necessary.
- Will my application be accepted if it is postmarked by the submission deadline? No. The SAC office must receive your completed application package no later than the submission deadline.