The Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) & Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
Purpose of This Document
The wording related to eligibility criteria for the DTC Certificate is quite vague and has caused confusion for both audiologists and consumers. The goal of this document is to provide helpful tips, points of consideration and reference materials for audiologists as they complete the form.
In this document:
- What is the Disability Tax Credit (DTC)?
- What do Audiologists Need to Know?
- Frequently-Asked Questions, including:
- What are the criteria to receive the DTC for hearing loss?
- Should I attach a letter of support?
- What is a “quiet setting”?
- What if I’m asked to sign for a young child or infant?
- Are there any audiological references to support clients in their application?
- Definitions for “severely hearing handicapped”