Facts About Communication Health Assistants and the GST

Speech-Language Pathology
Information Sheets

Many communication health assistants working in private practice are employed as independent contractors. With this in mind, there are several factors a self-employed communication health assistant should consider when accepting work as an independent contractor.

During the summer of 2009, SAC researched the Goods and Services Tax (GST) as it pertains to communication health assistants in order to update its members on current status. SAC had conversations with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), GST Rulings Unit to confirm the following information.

Download the report below for more.

Please note that this document was produced when SAC was called the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA) and communication health assistants were called supportive personnel.