SAC has been engaging in advocacy regarding the role of speech-language pathologists and audiologists in long-term care and would like to have a voice in the development of national standards for long-term care.
In order to better understand and address concerns of limited audiology services in long-term care, SAC is organizing an Audiology Services in Long-Term Care Working Group.
This working group will be tasked with gathering information from each province and territory to develop a resource for effective national advocacy.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2021.
For more information about this working group, please see:
Working Group Details
- Name: Audiology Services in Long-Term Care Working Group
- Purpose: To develop a national advocacy proposal for audiology services in long-term care.
- Length of Term: Approximately 12-18 months
- Number of Vacancies: At least 1 SAC member or associate from each province and territory.
- Working Language: English
- Deadline to Apply: September 30, 2021
For a full description of the working group's mandate, please see the terms of reference.
Eligibility and How to Apply
If you would like to apply to serve on SAC's Audiology Services in Long-Term Care Working Group, please ensure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be an SAC member.
- Be available for the duration of the project.
- Maintain your SAC membership throughout your term.
For more information about the requirements, please see the working group terms of reference.