2022 SAC Speech-Language Pathology Conference
April 28-30, 2022
Deadline for receipt of all program submissions:
October 3, 2021; 12:00 midnight (Pacific Time)
The Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) 2022 Speech-Language Pathology Conference will be held in Vancouver, BC. SAC invites program submissions for the national speech-language pathology conference.
Clinicians from all practice settings are encouraged to share their insights, experience, methods and research. SAC invites submissions for papers, mini-seminars and posters related to speech-language pathology practice. Research submissions should advance the evidence-base for the assessment, management and treatment of speech, language, literacy, communication, feeding and swallowing disorders. Practice submissions should be evidence-informed and address a specific clinical or professional issue. Interprofessional presentations will be considered. Sessions will be scheduled daily from April 28-30, 2022.
A paper presentation may be a research paper or a practice paper.
A research paper reports original/new/in progress quantitative and/or qualitative research.
A practice paper reports issues related to evidence-informed speech-language pathology practice.
45 minutes in duration
These sessions are designed to provide opportunity for interactive discussion of research and practice issues. These sessions should be evidence-informed.
90 minutes in duration
Posters should stand alone in conveying information. Each display should contain title and author(s), statement of purpose, methodology, results (including relevant data) and conclusions. Posters must be in landscape format, no larger than 2.4 m x 1.2 m.
Authors are required to be present at designated times to respond to questions and participate in discussion.
INSTRUCTIONS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF PAPERS,
MINI-SEMINARS AND POSTERS
- The first author must be a practicing clinician in speech-language pathology or a related field, in an academic position within a university department, or a graduate student enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in speech-language pathology or a related field. The topic must be related to the field of speech-language pathology.
- If the first author is an SAC student associate, they are eligible to receive a complimentary registration to conference. The student must be an SAC associate at the time of submission and in the year of the conference to be considered. The complimentary registration is NOT transferable. The SAC student associate is also eligible to apply for funding support to attend the conference.
All three submission components are required. Submissions may be in English or French.
- Request for Presentation Application Form (online submission only)
- Presentation Description (100-word maximum, no references). This brief description of your proposal will be included (if accepted) in the conference program.
- Presentation Summary (400-word maximum, excluding references).
a. Research submissions should include:
i. Background and study aims.
ii. Methods (study design, participants and procedures).
iii. Results and conclusions.
iv. A statement that indicates how the study contributes to the science and practice of speech-language pathology.
b. Practice submissions should include:
i. Background and study aims.
ii. Description of the content of the presentation.
iii. A statement that indicates how the presentation contributes to greater understanding of issues related to speech-language pathology practice.
REVIEW COMMITTEE CRITERIA
A panel of at least three reviewers will independently score each submission using the following criteria:
- Strength of theoretical and/or scientific rationale of the project
- Quality of the project design
- Evidence that results/data have been collected
- Originality of project
- Application to speech-language pathology practice
- Clarity of the submission including accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar
The decision to accept a submission will be based on the score received as well as considerations related to designing a diverse and balanced conference program that will appeal to a broad audience of SAC members and associates.
- Only submissions received by October 3, 2021, 12:00 midnight Pacific Time (PT) will be considered.
- Submissions that are incomplete or are not provided in the required format will not be accepted.
- Acceptance of a submission is conditional upon payment of the conference registration fee. Payment of the conference registration fee is not required at the time of submission. However, at minimum, the presenting author’s registration for the conference will be required prior to finalizing the conference program.
- Contributed paper, mini-seminar, and poster authors, who attend the conference to present their session, are expected to register and pay any applicable fees. All travel and accommodation expenses are the responsibility of the presenters. Those who do not register for the conference will have their presentation removed from the conference program.
- Presentation submissions will be published in a conference abstract document following the 2022 conference.
- All submissions will be peer-reviewed.
- SAC may wish to record a presentation and make it available to SAC members and associates. Presenters will be asked to provide SAC with permission to record, edit, transcribe, archive, duplicate, distribute, and reproduce any written or visual materials submitted in connection with these presentations.
- Presenters are not permitted to sell any products at the conference. Advertising, solicitation and distribution of literature, and samples for commercial purposes is only permitted in the exhibited space, unless otherwise expressly approved by SAC.
- The first author will be informed of the status of the submission by November 2021.
QUESTIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Professional Development Coordinator
DEADLINE: October 3, 2021; 12:00 midnight Pacific Time (PT)
Click here to return to the Conference Event page