SAC members and associates receive FREE exclusive access to all of SAC's online professional development opportunities.
This webcast is eligible for 1 SAC CEE (Category I).
Presented by Tracie Lindblad, S-LP, M.Sc., M.Ed., Reg. CASLPO, BCBA
Intended audience: S-LPs, audiologists and students
This session pertains to: Pre-school aged children (0-5), school-aged children (6-17) and adults (18-64)
Level: Introductory (Assumes little or no familiarity with the literature and professional practice within the areas covered.)
This webinar will focus on the steps and resources required to start a private practice in the profession of speech-language pathology. Specifically, it will present information regarding the three stages of business growth (in other words, the evolution of a business):
- Stage 1: Experimenting at private practice (i.e., a cottage industry business)
- Stage 2: Self-employed and here to stay
- Stage 3: My business is expanding
Within each stage of business growth, we will discuss the following necessary components of a successful private practice:
- Business management and marketing
- Financial processes
Participants will be able to:
- Identify which stage of business growth best describes their current practice situation.
- Identify the different business components within a private practice.
- Align their specific needs within each business component.
- Plan or forecast their business growth and development.