SAC members and associates receive FREE exclusive access to all of SAC's online professional development opportunities.
Not an SAC member or associate? Click here for more information on the benefits of joining SAC!
This webcast is eligible for 1 SAC CEE (Category I).
Presented by Tracie Lindblad, S-LP, M.Sc., M.Ed., Reg. CASLPO, BCBA
Intended audience: S-LPs, audiologists and students
This session pertains to: Pre-school aged children (0-5), school-aged children (6-17) and adults (18-64)
Level: Introductory (Assumes little or no familiarity with the literature and professional practice within the areas covered.)
This webinar will focus on the steps and resources required to start a private practice in the profession of speech-language pathology. Specifically, it will present information regarding the three stages of business growth (in other words, the evolution of a business):
- Stage 1: Experimenting at private practice (i.e., a cottage industry business)
- Stage 2: Self-employed and here to stay
- Stage 3: My business is expanding
Within each stage of business growth, we will discuss the following necessary components of a successful private practice:
- Business management and marketing
- Financial processes
Participants will be able to:
- Identify which stage of business growth best describes their current practice situation.
- Identify the different business components within a private practice.
- Align their specific needs within each business component.
- Plan or forecast their business growth and development.
|Access to SAC webinars, Lunch & Learns and webcasts are an exclusive benefit of SAC membership. Links to online SAC Professional Development opportunities are not to be shared with non-members/non-associates. SAC reserves the right to terminate participation of a non-member/associate in any SAC online Professional Development event.
Non-members or non-associates must join SAC in order to have access to SAC online professional development. Information on joining SAC can be found on our website at https://www.sac-oac.ca/membership-certification/become-member-0.