SAC members and associates receive FREE exclusive access to all of SAC's online professional development opportunities.
This webcast is eligible for 1 SAC CEE (Category A).
Presented by Deb Goshulak, M.H.Sc., Reg. CASLPO, S-LP(C)
Intended audience: S-LPs and students
This session pertains to: Pre-school aged children (0-5)
Level: Intermediate (Assumes general familiarity with the literature and professional practice within the areas covered.)
This webinar will provide speech-language pathologists with a brief review of information about childhood apraxia of speech (CAS). The focus will be on factors that make therapy effective and meaningful for children with CAS. The purpose is to provide practical therapy ideas for immediate application.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how characteristics of CAS differ from other speech sound disorders (SSD).
- Use assessment information to develop goals.
- Review and apply motor learning principles to treatment planning for CAS.
- Understand how therapy sessions may differ when treating CAS versus other SSD.
- Use storybooks for CAS treatment session themes.