Speech-Language Pathology Advisor – Private Practice (7 hours/week for 12 months)
Director of Speech-Language Pathology and Communication Health Assistants
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Speech-Language Pathology Advisor – Private Practice provides staff support to the Speech-Language Pathology Private Practice Working Group. They provide assistance, expertise and guidance to SAC staff, members and associates regarding issues related to private practice. They may also facilitate an ad hoc committee as staff liaison.
- Provides staff support to the Speech-Language Pathology Private Practice Working Group to facilitate preparation of a report for the Board of Directors about professional resources for speech-language pathology members working in private practice.
- Advises the Director of Speech-Language Pathology and Communication Health Assistants on speech-language pathology issues related to private practice.
- Prepares background materials in areas of responsibility.
- Participates in staff and board meetings as required.
- Contributes to the SAC publications as appropriate.
- Prepares reports for the Board and committees as needed.
- Provides staff support and facilitates ad hoc committees in the development of position papers, statements, etc.
- Contributes to the SAC professional development program.
- Supports the Communications Department by developing content for and reviewing speech-language pathology materials such as infographics, webpages, blog submissions, information sheets, Speech and Hearing Month materials and other documents, as needed.
- Responds to requests from members and associates regarding speech-language pathology issues in private practice.
- Manages additional assigned projects for speech-language pathology as needed from time to time.
- Staff at all levels
- National and provincial/territorial associations, regulatory bodies and international professional associations
- Related professional bodies
- Members and associates
- Organizes workload and sets priorities to meet deadlines on concurrent activities.
- Recommends action and procedural and policy changes as appropriate and necessary.
- Makes independent decisions, as appropriate, related to the above responsibilities.
FORMAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Master’s degree in speech-language pathology or equivalent.
- SAC member.
- Registered with the applicable professional regulatory body.
- At least 5 years of clinical experience in private practice.
- Research experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of the scope and needs of speech-language pathologists providing services in private practice, as well as trends in professional development.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Project management.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect strict confidentiality.
- Discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Ability to work with professionals of many different levels.
- Computer literate.
- Bilingual (French-English).
- SAC Certification.
The work within the scope of this position requires an individual with a flexible work schedule, who can work some evenings/weekends, when required. This is a remote position. The individual may be based anywhere in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter along with your résumé to Amy Childs at firstname.lastname@example.org with SAC Advisor Application in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is January 25, 2022.
SAC encourages applications from members who identify as First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as gender diverse. Members with experience working with marginalized populations and knowledge of cultural safety and humility would also be helpful to support our work. SAC is committed to achieving a diverse representation on all committees and working groups and being inclusive towards all.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, we will only contact candidates we have selected for an interview.