Please forward your resume to:
Director of Early Learning
Montfort Centre (Central Office), 5210 – 61 Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 6N8
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools is an educational community for anyone seeking Catholic education. Within its 20 schools, the staff provide excellent teaching and learning for Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 students.
Staff in RDCRS make Christ known to students while encouraging all students to realize their full potential. Our division covers the city of Red Deer and the rural communities of Rocky Mountain House, Sylvan Lake, Blackfalds, Innisfail and Olds. RDCRS consists of approximately 1200 full-time, part-time and casual staff who provide quality teaching and learning experiences for approximately 10 300 students.
These two employment opportunities are full-time working Monday-Friday and following the school calendar with summers off. The position could begin immediately.
Salary commensurate with experience $77,000-$95,000.
The Director of Early Learning will be the lead team member for the Speech-Language team.
These positions are eligible for
✅Comprehensive ASEBP Benefit Package with benefits paid at 100%
✅Employee and Family Assistance Program
✅Group RRSP Matching Program
✅Health Spending Account
✅Mileage allowance for rural travel
✅Access to Professional Development
✅Mentorship with senior SLP if applicable
✅Division will pay ACSLPA registration fees
- Pre-Kindergarten assessments for children registered in Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools Pre-Kindergarten programs;
- Consult closely with teachers, educational and therapeutic assistants, therapists, social workers, specialists and parents who participate as part of each child’s program planning team;
- Complete assessment and treatment reports (year-end summaries, etc.) to share with parents and professionals within and outside of the Red Deer Catholic Regional School System;
- Support students with complex communication needs in Pre-Kindergarten through 12;
- Consult with multi-disciplinary teams including; Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Specialist, Psychologist;
- Provide speech-language therapy intervention within the context of typical classroom activities;
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent.
- Ability to be registered with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists ACSLPA);
- Continuing professional development and professional liability as per ACSLPA guidelines
These two positions will be advertised until successful candidates are found.