1.0 FTE Temporary Speech-Language Pathologist (Muskoka)
Location: Muskoka Education Centre
Salary: $77,732 – $85,097
Trillium Lakelands District School Board requires a 1.0 FTE temporary Speech-Language Pathologist commencing as soon as possible after the hiring process.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board provides speech and language services to school-aged children. This Board services a student population of approximately 16,000 students through three offices in Haliburton, Muskoka, and the City of Kawartha Lakes (Lindsay).
Reporting to the Superintendent of Learning responsible for Special Education (or designate), Speech-Language Pathologists work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing assessment and consultation to support program planning for students. The successful applicant will work with elementary and secondary schools across the district to provide assessments and plan strategies for dealing with students experiencing speech and language difficulties. Travel throughout the TLDSB area will be required.
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registered or eligible to be registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Use of a reliable personal vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Experience with high and low-tech AAC required
- Experience working with school-aged children is preferred but new graduates are welcome to apply
- Excellent communication, organizational and teamwork skills
- Experience working with a Communications Disorders Assistant an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume quoting posting #PSSP-2022-009-19-019 by October 21, 2022 at 4:00 pm to:
Jennifer Johnston, Superintendent of Learning c/o Rhonda Scarlett
Trillium Lakelands District School Board
P.O. Box 420, Lindsay, ON K9V 4S4
Fax: (705) 324-7453
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board would like to thank all respondents; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The candidates selected for the position will be required to provide a criminal record check.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Employee Services Department.