Community-Based & School-Based Rehabilitation Services
(Multiple Vacancies Available)
If you are seeking a dynamic and challenging role in supporting the development of children and youth with a variety of physical, developmental, and communicative challenges, THRIVE has a position for you!
THRIVE has 18-month contracts for Speech-Language Pathologist(s) to fill (with potential for extensions or permanency). Thrive is looking for S-LPs who have a passion for working with children and can provide care in Wawa, Elliot Lake, Blind River and surrounding areas throughout the District of Algoma. The successful S-LP will be responsible for completing assessments and intervention with children and youth presenting with speech sound, motor speech, fluency, and voice disorders or difficulties in accordance with the policies, philosophy, mission, vision and values of the organization.
Thrive believes in the power of teamwork and partnership, and achieving excellence through innovation, curiosity and optimism. In addition to our fun and collaborative working environment, they also offer a competitive salary, access to the Employee Family Assistance Program, a flexible schedule, vacation pay / paid time off (including winter break office closure), participation in a defined benefit pension plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan HOOPP), and group health and dental benefits for permanent positions.
CASLPO Mentorship/Supervision is available.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent
- Eligible for membership in the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Satisfactory criminal background check and vulnerable sector screen (CPIC)
- A valid Class G driver’s license and personal transportation
- Experience in pediatric rehabilitation
- Experience assessing and treating speech sound, motor speech, fluency and voice disorders
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, balanced with a passion for supporting and working within a team committed to a collaborative, attuned, strength-based approach to problem-solving
- Ability to problem-solve, develop strategies and course of action to follow
- Sensitive to linguistic, cultural, social, economic, individual, and positional differences among staff, providers, and children/families served
- Demonstrates experience working with a family centred-approach, ensuring clients and families have a voice and are engaged as true partners in care
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, presentation and listening skills
- Competency in using various computer tools such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
THRIVE Child Development Centre/Centre de développement de l’enfant is an incorporated, non-profit Children’s Treatment Centre providing inter-disciplinary pediatric rehabilitation, respite care coordination, an on-site childcare program and resource support to community childcare centres in Sault Ste. Marie and throughout the District of Algoma. Using a family-centred, strengths-based approach, our experienced and dedicated professional staff provide a range of assessment, intervention and community-based services building on the child’s unique strengths, gifts and talents so that they and their families can truly THRIVE!
Visit www.kidsthrive.ca for more information.
Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, Thrive is committed to creating a positive and welcoming space within our organization, for our clients, families, volunteers, staff, and community partners.
THRIVE is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights of job applicants during the recruitment process. Should at any point throughout the recruitment process an applicant require accommodation or communication in an alternative format because of a disability please contact People & Culture at 705-759-1131. We are committed to providing accommodation or alternate formats upon request within a reasonable time period in a mutually agreed upon format.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.