Speech Language Pathologist
Pathways Health Centre for Children is a family-centred community agency serving children and youth with physical, developmental and communication needs and their families as well as adults for selected specialized services in Lambton County. The Centre provides a full range of family-centred rehabilitation and support services. Aquatic programs in our therapeutic pool are open to people of all ages and abilities in the community. There is also an integrated childcare service (C.A.C.H.É.) on site.
In addition to a work culture built on mutual respect and collaboration, we offer:
- work schedule flexibility
- membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- generous vacation package (4 weeks to start with additional paid time off in December) • full benefit package
- employee and family assistance plan and
- commitment to professional development (budgeted employee allocation)
- learn more about Sarnia Lambton – Southern Ontario’s hidden gem!
We are currently recruiting for full time and part time:
Speech Language Pathologists
The successful candidate will begin work as soon as possible.
Working under the direction of a Clinical Services Supervisor, and in partnership with the Clinical Services team, the Speech-Language Pathologist will provide services as appropriate, for assigned pediatric clients in Lambton county and our surrounding Indigenous communities. This includes but may not be limited to screenings, assessments, intervention supports, consultation, *swallowing and feeding screenings and counseling and education to families, primary caregivers, schools and the community. Other duties may be assigned as applicable.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Registration and in good standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Cultural Competency training is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Enthusiastic about working with children and their caregivers
- Efficient and effective time management and service delivery skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Experience in Swallowing and Feeding preferred
Starting Salary: $33.60 per hour
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to email their resume and cover letter.
The successful candidate must be available to work flexible hours, must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and maintain adequate liability insurance or must have ongoing access to a vehicle and driver for Pathways business. A Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
Pathways Health Centre for Children strives for inclusivity and representative hiring practices to respond to the communities we serve. The agency welcomes applications from visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, immigrants/refugees, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Pathways is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Thank you in advance for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.