…Every Child and Youth living life at their full potential.
At Grandview Kids, we provide family-centred paediatric treatment, rehabilitation services and specialized programs, services and supports to children and youth with communication, physical and developmental needs and their families. We are dedicated to every child and youth living life at their full potential, fostering development, growth and personal achievement for the children and youth, their families and for our staff members. Our team-oriented approach supports our staff to collaborate, share ideas, and work with a variety of professional disciplines in a stimulating environment with an exceptional variety of opportunities in the field of paediatric rehabilitation.
The next three years will be a period of unprecedented growth as we complete a major capital expansion, building a new Grandview Kids.
If you are looking for a career that offers personal and professional rewards, a once in a lifetime expansion project and opportunity and one that makes a real difference and impact in the lives of others, then Grandview Kids is the place for you!
We are excited to be accepting applications for the following position:
Clinical Manager (2 positions)
Regular Full-Time – 37.5 hour per week
Commencing April 2022
Under the general direction of the Senior Clinical Manager, the Clinical Manager is responsible for overseeing the development, delivery and evaluation of assigned programs and services; providing support to staff by assisting with the planning and coordinating of the day-to-day clinical activities and directions in a manner that is consistent with Grandview Kids’ goals and priorities; performing routing administrative responsibilities, workload coordination and management; providing support to and performance management of staff; provides guidance for clinical decision-making; promoting clinical management best practice; supporting Program/Centre efforts in Quality Improvement and accreditation activities as required; promoting and enhancing child and family services within the community, maintaining a safe work environment and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Overseeing the development, delivery and evaluation of assigned programs and services by assessing program/service needs; determining program priorities, which address client and family needs in congruence with Grandview Kids’ strategic plan, and communicating them to the Senior Clinical Manager..
- Developing and implementing an annual planning process; overseeing implementation of programs according to the established plan; and monitoring and reporting on activities, outcomes and indicators of success.
- Providing support to staff by assisting with the planning and coordinating of the day-to-day clinical activities and direction, including coordinating and assigning various clinical activities, helping identify and coordinate educational requirements; participating in recruitment and selection; assist with clinical issues; supporting program subcommittees, and providing guidance on the application of the Collective Agreement.
- Performing routine administrative functions; identifying the need for specific equipment and resources; assisting with budget activities and coordinating capital grant requests.
- Assisting with workload management by responding to phone inquiries of clients, families and staff; assigning and transferring cases between therapists and programs; approving staff schedules, vacations, sick time etc.; and assigning various workload activities.
- Providing guidance for clinical decision-making by developing eligibility and admission criteria for involvement in specific services, with input from key stakeholders; providing input to the development of clinical pathways; ensuring clinical team provide service in a way that is consistent with Grandview’s mission vision and values.
- Maintaining professional affiliations and memberships in related associations and organizations
- Paediatrics Rehabilitation experience is an asset
You have a Masters’ degree, or equivalent, in Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, Social Work, Applied Disabilities Studies, Psychology, or in a related field from a university of recognized standing, and curriculum which includes infant or child development, health care or health administration, and ideally applied behaviour analysis principles. Current registration with the relevant regulatory College, Certification Board or Professional Association required.
You have 5 years relevant experience, working with families, individuals, and community agencies. You have experience in program planning, development, documentation, coordination, management and evaluation. You have demonstrated evidence of exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills. Experience leading organizational change initiatives an asset.
You have a deep commitment to family centred care, and a passion for working with others to support children to achieve their personal best. You are a superior communicator, both written and verbal with exceptional organizational and time management skills. You possess excellent interpersonal skills, and work effectively with all levels of staff,
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and state “Clinical Manager” Job 22.12 to:
Human Resources Manager, Grandview Kids, 600 Townline Road South, Oshawa ON, L1H 0C8
Grandview Kids aims to be deliberate in our consideration of diversity, defined as differences in race, colour, place of origin, religion, immigrant and newcomer status, ethnic origin, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and age. Recognizing and valuing diversity and equity must be accompanied by concerted efforts to ensure the inclusion of diverse and underrepresented populations, meaning that individuals must be and feel valued, respected and equally supported. We invite applicants in the above defined areas to apply.
Grandview Kids is committed to complying with all applicable standards as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If you have accessibility needs and require alternate formats or other accommodations, please contact us.
Please note that all prospective Grandview Kids employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including full and ongoing Covid-19 vaccinations, as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment. We will make accommodations based upon documented medical or creed exemption in accordance to the Ministry of Health and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
Grandview is proud to acknowledge the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, which is covered under the Williams Treaties. We are situated on the Traditional Territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, which includes Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.