….. Every Child and Youth living life at their full potential.
At Grandview Kids we provide family-centred paediatric assessment, treatment, rehabilitation services and specialized programs. Along with their families, we support children and youth with communication, social, physical and developmental needs to achieve their potential at home, in the community and at school. We are dedicated to inspiring possibilities, fostering development, and supporting growth and personal achievement for our children and youth, their families and our staff members. Our team-oriented approach inspires our staff to collaborate, share ideas, and work with a variety of professional disciplines. We offer a stimulating environment with an exceptional variety of opportunities in the field of paediatric rehabilitation.
The next two years will be a period of unprecedented growth as we work on a major capital expansion for our new facility in Ajax
If you are looking for an opportunity that offers personal and professional rewards, that makes a real difference and enriches the lives of others, then Grandview Kids is the place for you! We are excited to be accepting applications for the following position:
Contract Full-Time – 37.5 hours/week
November/December 2022 – March 31, 2023 (may be extended)
Summary of Duties
Under the general direction of the Clinical Manager, the Speech-Language Pathologist completes an assessment on clients referred for Speech-Language Pathology Services and identifies problem areas; establishes written treatment goals and plans, which may include use of Applied Behaviour Analysis Principles and Strategies, to address client problem areas in collaboration with client, family and/or alternate caregivers; provides direct and indirect client care in accordance with the treatment plan; participates in prevention activities; evaluates the impact of speech-language pathology intervention on identified problems; maintains communication with all other team members regarding client care; documents speech-language pathology involvement in client care; maintains communication with all other staff members; supports program/Centre efforts in Quality Management (QM) programs, as required; oversees activities in the speech-language pathology area which may be carried out by Speech-Language Therapy Assistants; ensures that the environment of the speech-language pathology treatment area meets client’s needs; maintains clinical competence; participates in education, orientation and public relations, as required; maintains a safe work environment; performs designated administrative duties; performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology or equivalent
- Current registration in College of Audiology and Speech/Language Pathology of Ontario (CASPLO) required
- 1 year experience providing pediatric speech and language services preferred
- New S-LP graduates: preference for candidates who demonstrate successful completion of Canadian Entry to Practice Exam
- Experience in augmentative communication
- Knowledge of a variety of service delivery models (e.g. consultation, mediator training, individual/group treatment, parent education, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of the profession
- Specialized knowledge of pediatric disabilities (e.g. Cerebral Palsy, Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Experience with children in all age groups.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis an asset
- Multi-disciplinary client management
- Well-developed communication skills including verbal, non-verbal, listening, negotiation and presentation
- Fluency in French an asset
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle, or access to reliable/appropriate transportation.
S-LPs at Grandview Kids work in a variety of programs including Preschool Speech and Language, Schoolbased Rehabilitation, and the Ontario Autism Program. This is an opportunity to be a part of an established multidisciplinary team who provide the highest quality of holistic and family centered services. Extensive onboarding and mentorship will be provided, as well as opportunities for ongoing collaboration with other SLPs with a broad range of expertise.
How to Apply
Please clearly state Job 22.28 and forward your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
600 Townline Road South
Oshawa, ON, L1H 0C8