Speech Language Pathologists
We are presently hiring for:
- A full time Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to provide services as part of the multidisciplinary health care team. Based in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut and providing services to the communities in the Kivalliq region.
*May consider casual SLP opportunities for 2-3 months based in Nunavut.
- Speech Language Pathologists to provide quality SLP services in Nunavut schools. Our team of school SLPs can be based anywhere in Canada but must be flexible to travel to Nunavut. We are looking to add to our team of dedicated and knowledgeable SLPs, providing services in the school and through virtual services, to meet the needs of all learners.
Nunavut offers you an opportunity to experience a different way of life; where trees don’t block the view of the stunning landscape and the local culture and rich history warms even the coldest nights.
Master’s degree in Speech Language; currently registered to practice speech language pathology with good standing in any one Canadian province; a certified member of Speech Language and Audiology Canada (SAC), or eligible for certification.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Provides accurate clinical assessment to diagnose language and communication disorders.
- Implements and evaluates appropriate interventions.
- Develops program plans for individual clients and groups that will be implemented in pre-school or home setting.
- Works with support staff and other health professionals to demonstrate how program plans will be used in the community setting.
- Develops new Speech Language programs to address the needs of Kivalliq residents.
- Provides ongoing community education and health promotion.
- Maintains professional competence by keeping abreast of current practices and therapies to contribute to achieving the best outcomes for clients.
- Experience with preschool and school age children is required.
- Two or more year's directly related general clinical experience preferred.
- Cross-cultural awareness and clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed practice & cultural safety preferred.
- Computer literacy and electronic health records experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem solving skills required.
- Proficiency in the Inuktitut language is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team is essential.
- Must have a well-developed understanding of professional responsibility and confidentiality.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, be self-directed and prioritize own work.
- Must be able to work effectively in a remote setting with limited resources available.
Salary range is from $99,743 to $113,159 per annum or $51.15 to $58.03 / hour. Full time position receive a northern living allowance and a generous continuing education allowance and medical, dental and pension benefits, as well as relocation assistance. Subsidized housing is available.
To apply for the full-time position please refer to the University of Manitoba, Employment Opportunities Website: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/default.aspx and search speech language pathologist.
Competition Closing Date:
Positions are open until filled.
Diversity and Immigration Statement:
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
For enquiries about the position contact:
Monica Achtemichuk, Director of Medical Rehabilitation Programs