SCHOOL DISTRICT 27 (CARIBOO-CHILCOTIN)
SUPPORT SERVICES WL
Specific Period of Time:
PART TIME TEMPORARY
Effective January 4th, 2021 to March 12th, 2021.
Schedule to be determined in consultation with the Director of Instruction, Inclusive Education.
Description of Assignment
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
- provide itinerant speech & language services to several public schools
- provide consultation, direct service, and home programs where appropriate for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 (with emphasis on the primary grades)
- complete speech & language screening and assessments using standardized as well as informal measures
- design and implement intervention strategies for students with communication disorders. This will include supporting students across a wide spectrum of needs, including those with learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental disabilities. Some students may require various forms of augmentative communication.
- participate in school-based team meetings
- provide direction for and work with TA's working in the speech and language program
- provide information about communication development and disorders to teachers, parents and others in the school setting and in the community
Special Qualifications Required
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from a recognized institution
- eligible for CASLPA certification & membership in BCASLPA
- valid BC Drivers Licence and your own vehicle. Access to a School District vehicle is provided for longer distances
- previous experience working in a school setting would be considered an asset
- previous experience working with First Nations students and families would be considered an asset
- demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Criminal Record Check is required for employment with any BC School District
- Membership in BC College of Speech and Hearing Health Professions
Local Area Information and Application Details
School District No. 27 operates in the Cariboo-Chilcotin of BC. Residents enjoy 4 distinct seasons with plentiful outdoor activities. Support Services is based in Williams Lake, BC but services students throughout the entire district. Full amenities and affordable housing are available. To learn about the School District please visit www.sd27.bc.ca. To learn about the community and surrounding areas, please visit www.williamslake.ca. A Relocation Allowance may be offered with this position.
Applicants are asked to submit a comprehensive resume, cover letter and three (3) work related references by one of the following application methods: direct application through Make a Future or by email to email@example.com.
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is an equal opportunity employer.