Multimedia Graphic Designer
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) is a membership-driven non-profit association that supports over 6,400 communication health professionals (speech-language pathologists, audiologists and communication health assistants). We are currently seeking a creative and talented Multimedia Graphic Designer to join our dynamic communications team!
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
As SAC’s Multimedia Graphic Designer, you will translate the passion and dedication of our member professions into compelling digital and print materials. Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Marketing, you will be an SAC brand champion, helping to ensure that the association’s voice and image is clearly and consistently communicated on all media platforms. Your knowledge of current graphic design trends will enable you to take the lead on artistic direction and make recommendations that will help SAC achieve its strategic goals.
As SAC’s Multimedia Graphic Designer, you will also manage the design and production of SAC’s academic journal, The Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (CJSLPA).
Graphic Design & Multimedia
- Provide artistic direction on all SAC projects that have a graphics component
- Develop original compelling digital imagery using photography, illustration and video/audio footage
- Work with SAC communications team to develop and implement new ideas for graphics, collateral and website content
- Maintain the visual integrity of the SAC brand and sub-brands by ensuring adherence to the SAC Style Guide
- Develop new sub-brands, consistent with the SAC brand, for new programs and special projects
- Layout official documents in adherence to the SAC Style Guide
- Act as an in-house resource for other SAC staff members in terms of graphics, templates and document layout
- Coordinate printing quotes and production jobs
- Provide some technical and design support for all SAC websites
- Manage the banner ad publication calendar for SAC websites
- Review and report on SAC website and social media analytics
- Upload and layout SAC website content
- Assist in the production of Communiqué (SAC’s blog), including overseeing layout/design
Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (CJSLPA)
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief, Editorial Assistants, contributing authors and other staff members to publish SAC’s peer-reviewed journal
- Manage all elements of production for CJSLPA, including ensuring style-guide adherence, updating production calendar, overseeing the editorial process, translation, layout/design, posting and distribution
- Liaise with the vendor responsible for the Powerreview submission system for CJSLPA
- Work on special projects, as assigned by the Manager of Communications and Marketing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in graphic design
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary degree or diploma in graphic or multimedia design or a related program
- A high level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, along with a strong working knowledge of content management systems, HTML, and CSS
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Extensive knowledge of digital workflows in both MAC and PC environments
- Experience working in a medium (15-person) not-for-profit environment is an asset
- Communication Skills – Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Organizational Skills – Extremely well-organized and detail oriented. Ability to set priorities, work under pressure and meet firm deadlines
- Project management skills – Demonstrated ability to effectively run multiple concurrent projects and set priorities within tight timelines
- Forward-Thinking – Brings an innovative and forward-thinking approach to all initiatives and tasks
- Problem Solving – Ability to develop and communicate solutions/responses to diverse problems/requests
- Initiative – Displays a high level of initiative with the ability to recognize and anticipate what needs to be done
- Interpersonal Skills – Congenial personality with the ability to get along with many different types of people.
Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset for this position.
- Full-time (35 hours a week)
HOW TO APPLY
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the person for the job, we’d love to hear from you!
Please send your résumé along with a brief cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team, along with your salary expectations and a link to an online portfolio showcasing your best graphic design work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for priority selection is Wednesday, August 12. Please write “Application for SAC Multimedia Graphic Designer” in the subject line of your email.
SAC is an equal opportunity employer, we believe in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our membership and employees. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous people, racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, we will only contact candidates we have selected for an interview.