Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) is a national non-profit association that represents over 6,500 communication health professionals. We are currently seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Financial Coordinator to join our team.
If you’re looking for a part-time accounting position with a flexible work environment, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
As SAC’s Financial Coordinator, you will support the ongoing administration and financial functions of Speech-Language & Audiology Canada. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for bookkeeping and helping with the day-to-day accounting reports and procedures.
- Responsible for accounts payable and receivable, as well as entering and reconciling accounting documents in QuickBooks
- Compiling data for budgets and reports
- Reconciling membership data with credit card receipts
- Overseeing credit card reconciliations
- Maintaining financial records
- Following up with customers on unpaid invoices
- Working with auditors at year end
- Working on various ad hoc accounting projects, as needed
- Supporting other SAC staff, as required
- Other financial analyses as required, typically using Excel
- Recording bank transactions using the QuickBooks system
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing bank deposits
- Working on special projects, as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- Providing back-up administration support to the Members and Associates Coordinator, when assigned
- Providing assistance to the Manager of Professional Development for webinar registrations
- Ordering office supplies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of 1-2 years of post-secondary education in accounting/business administration
- Approximately 3-5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with QuickBooks is a strong asset for this position
- Experience working in a medium (15-person) not-for-profit environment is also an asset
- Communication Skills – Excellent English communication skills.
- Organizational Skills – Extremely well-organized and detail oriented. Ability to set priorities, work under pressure and meet firm deadlines.
- Problem Solving – Ability to develop and communicate solutions/responses to diverse problems/requests.
- Initiative – Displays a high level of initiative with the ability to recognize and anticipate what needs to be done.
- Computer Skills – Ability to work with a variety of finance software and tools, including QuickBooks, Moneris and other applications such as Windows, Word and Excel.
- Interpersonal Skills – Congenial personality with the ability to get along with all members of the team.
- Sound Judgement – Ability to respect strict confidentiality and work with discretion.
Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset for this position.
- Part-time (approximately 21 hours a week)
The work within the scope of this position allows for a flexible work schedule. This position is based in our Ottawa office.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the person for the job, we’d love to hear from you!
Send a cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team along with your salary expectations and résumé to email@example.com. The closing date for priority selection is June 25, 2019. Please write “Application for SAC Financial Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
SAC is an equal opportunity employer that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
For a PDF version of this job posting, please click here.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, we will only contact candidates we have selected for an interview.