REHABILITATION CENTRE FOR CHILDREN
Speech & Language Pathologist
1.0 EFT Indefinite Term SLP Brandon Area
Outreach Therapy Services
Director of Outreach Therapy Services
May 26, 2020
As soon as possible
The Rehabilitation Centre for Children (RCC) is a community based health care facility providing services to children with special needs and their families.
The Rehabilitation Centre for Children is seeking one SPEECH & LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST to provide preschool Speech & Language services to support the needs of children enrolled with the Jordan’s Principle Program, who are living in rural First Nations communities. Travel and overnight stays in communities may be required.
The SLP utilizes advanced skills and knowledge and performs at a high level of independence as a clinical practitioner, consultant and educator. Practices are in accordance with RCC policy and professional standards. This includes:
- Collaboration with all healthcare providers and community agencies who are involved with the child
- Ongoing education, mentorship and liaison with the child's caregivers
- Assessment, development of goals and intervention with child and family and/or local care team.
Education, Licenses, Registration & Experience:
- Degree in Speech & Language Pathology
- Licensure with CASLPM
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within an inter-disciplinary team.
- Minimum of two years recent clinical experience in pediatric SLP is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required.
- Employment is subject to criminal records and child abuse registry checks.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays, 7.5 hours/day with some flexibility of start and end times related to travel within the region. Travel expenses for travel related work are covered.
Scale - $38.477 - $48.444 (MAHCP)
A full range of benefits are available with this position.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RCC is strongly committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized persons, persons of all sexual orientations and genders and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact: Kizzy Phillips at email@example.com. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.