REGIONAL SUPPORT ASSOCIATES
Regional Support Associates (RSA), in association with Woodstock General Hospital, offers inter-disciplinary clinical and specialized services informed by our expertise within Behavioural Consultation, Case Management, Psychology, Psychiatry, Primary Health Care, Speech and Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work and trauma informed care for people with intellectual disabilities across the Southwest Region of Ontario.
Temporary Full Time Speech & Language Pathologist
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours weekly (flexibility in schedule to include evenings and weekends as required)
Flexibility to be based at closest RSA office location (Woodstock, Windsor, Chatham or London)
The incumbent is a Speech and Language Pathologist licensed to practice in the province of Ontario. They will work in a community capacity, conduct assessments, provide recommendations and short term treatment of speech language problems to adults with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviours who are currently engaged in behavioural consultation with RSA. They will work provide consultation to other professionals and provide training to staffing teams as required.
- Current active registration as a Speech-Language pathologist with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Experience in the field of developmental disabilities conducting speech language assessments, swallowing evaluations and associated treatments specific to adults with intellectual disabilities
- Experience working in a diversity of settings within health care, social services as well as with families, caregivers and professionals within the developmental sector.
- Capacity to recommend and/or provide short term intervention including augmentative and alternative communication strategies while working within a biopsychosocial model.
- Experience in maintaining and managing an assigned caseload and all documentation in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as experience with training and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people in a professional manner
- Flexibility, self-initiative and self-direction are required while maintaining all organizational standards, policies and procedures
- Fosters respective and collaborative relationships with colleagues in a team oriented positive manner
- Valid drivers’ license, insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
- Satisfactory vulnerable person’s sector criminal background check
- Satisfactory performance appraisals and attendance records in present position
- Commitment to Patient Care & Safety and Service Excellence
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply on our website at www.wgh.on.ca
- Choose ‘working here’
- Click on ‘Click here for a list of current career opportunities’
- Choose the appropriate job title
- Read and agree to the disclosure
- Apply to the position and create a profile