Rainy River District School Board & Northwest Catholic District School Board
Invites applications for the position of
1.0 FTE Temporary Speech-Language Pathologist
Posting Number: 2021-39
Anticipated Duration: December 1, 2020 to June 25, 2021
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $50.55 per hour plus vacation pay
Work Location: Remote/ Virtual
The Rainy River District School Board and the Northwest Catholic District School Board are seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist to assist in supporting school aged children in the area of Speech and Language programming. The Speech-Language Pathologist will support several students in a variety of communities remotely through an online platform.
Candidates must possess:
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology required;
- Registration with CASLPO
- Experience working as a Speech Pathologist, in a preschool or school setting would be considered an asset (prevention, intervention, system navigation);
The following attributes are necessary:
- Ability to deal with tact and sound judgment in oral and written communications with staff and the public;
- Ability to coordinate and organize work; and,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Under the direction of the Special Education Administrators, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Conducts formal and informal speech and language assessments of students with speech and/or language difficulties; develops or provides speech and/or language programs for students.
- Provides professional consultation and advice to teaching staff and parents regarding speech and language difficulties, intervention and/ programs. Provides direct input into IEPs.
- Monitors programs through direct observation of students or consultation with the person implementing the program.
- Attends meetings and seminars and maintains professional contacts to keep current regarding speech language programs and technology, in accordance with CASLPO licensing requirements.
- Maintains required records, formal assessment and case load summaries.
- Provides direction and requests for specialized programs and assistive technology where required.
- Liaises with outside agencies involved with students with special needs.
Please apply in writing quoting Job Posting #2021-39. Accepting applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Applications must include the Board’s Application Form, a cover letter, current resume, CASLSO registration and the Reference Authorization Form, including three references (two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor).
Please submit these documents to:
Human Resources Department
Rainy River District School Board
522 Second Street East
Fort Frances, ON P9A 1N4
Fax: (807) 274-1950
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation in the recruitment process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
For more information, please contact Char Bliss, Special Education Administrator, (807)-274-9855 ext. 5015