A Therapeutic and Educational Preschool and Kindergarten for Children with Disabilities
Providence is a vibrant, registered charity with a long and established history of providing a therapeutic and educational environment to preschool children with a variety of developmental delays and disabilities. You will have the opportunity to enhance the health and development of children and their families.
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic individual with a passion for working with young children to join our school as a Full Time Speech-Language Pathologist, starting in August 2019.
- A fantastic opportunity to collaborate with our dynamic and integrated team, which includes Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Teachers, and Therapeutic Teaching Assistants across 6 schools in Calgary.
- Small caseloads with a diverse and complex pediatric population and their families.
- Opportunities for professional development and ongoing learning for career advancement.
- Competitive salary range (Alberta Health Services pay scale).
The ideal candidate:
- Children are busy and active – so you are too. Adaptability is important because every day will be different and you will have to navigate your way through rapidly changing environments with enthusiasm, problem-solving skills and humour.
- You are flexible, curious, creative, and able to multi-task in our ever-evolving world in pediatrics.
- You enjoy working effectively with a multidisciplinary team to deliver child-focused services.
- Assessment and treatment of a preschool to kindergarten age group
- Consultation to family and staff
- Working directly with children in a variety of settings
- Graduate of a Speech-Language Pathology degree program from a recognised university.
- Registered with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA)
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Experience working as a Speech-Language Pathologist with children that display challenging behaviour or have disabilities.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful practicum experience with good references is an asset.
- Personal suitability NOTE: This position requires lifting and carrying demands that require the ability to bend at the waist, stoop, and twist frequently, the ability to lift up to 40 lbs, the ability to carry, push and pull up to 40 lbs, and the ability to stand, walk and sit frequently.