MEMBERSHIP SERVICES OFFICER
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) is a national non-profit association that represents over 6,800 communication health professionals (speech-language pathologists, audiologists and communication health assistants). We are currently seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Membership Services Officer to join our team.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
As SAC’s Membership Services Officer, you will support the efficient and effective functioning of Speech-Language & Audiology Canada’s membership programs and services. You will collaborate with internal teams, build strong relationships with members and associates and play a pivotal role in program and service delivery. In addition to supporting SAC’s valued membership, you will also help design and implement programs that will increase member and associate engagement. You will be instrumental in building strong relationships between members/associates and their national professional association.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
You will be responsible for supporting members and associates by consistently providing a high level of service during each interaction.
- Processing membership applications and renewals
- Responding to inquiries about membership programs and services
- Developing application forms and program materials
- Supporting key membership programs:
- Scholarship Program
- Awards & Recognition Program
- Certification Program
- Career Development Program
- Other programs, as required
- Providing administrative assistance to designated SAC committees and volunteers
- Preparing and mailing membership materials
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
You will ensure that the SAC membership database is organized and up to date, and you will support both internal and external stakeholders in navigating the database system.
- Establishing and maintaining membership files
- Coordinating searches in the database for internal and external stakeholders
- Producing membership reports, as required
Member Recruitment & Engagement
You will work with the SAC team to develop and implement strategies and initiatives to encourage the recruitment and retention of members and associates.
- Playing a key administrative role in SAC’s annual renewal campaign
- Preparing materials for SAC’s student recruitment campaigns
- Supporting the promotion of SAC’s affinity programs for members and associates
- Contributing membership-related content to SAC’s online publications and campaigns
- Assisting with outreach campaigns, including telephone calls during the annual renewal period
- Engaging with key stakeholders at Canadian universities and colleges
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Approximately 3-5 years of related administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with online membership databases/software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience working in a professional association environment in member services would be a strong asset for this position
- Bilingualism (English/French) is also a strong asset for this position
- Communication Skills – Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – Congenial personality with the ability to collaborate well with colleagues and volunteers; and, deliver excellent customer service to SAC’s members and associates.
- Organizational Skills – Extremely well-organized and detail oriented. Ability to set priorities, work under pressure and meet firm deadlines.
- Problem Solving – Ability to develop and communicate solutions/responses to diverse problems/requests.
- Initiative – Display a high level of initiative with the ability to recognize and anticipate what needs to be done.
- Computer Skills – Ability to work with a variety of computer programs, including Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Sound Judgement – Ability to respect strict confidentiality and work with discretion.
- Full-time (35 hours a week)
WORKING AT SAC
- This position is based in our Ottawa office
- SAC’s competitive compensation package includes health and dental coverage (optional), an RRSP matching program (optional) as well as a healthcare spending account
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the person for the job, we’d love to hear from you!
Send a cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team along with your salary expectations and résumé to email@example.com. The closing date for priority selection is January 13, 2020. Please write “Application for Membership Services Officer” in the subject line of your email.
SAC is an equal opportunity employer that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, we will only