Grasslands Public Schools is accepting applications for a full time Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) commencing August 25, 2020.
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the SLP will:
- consult with school based staff, families and district personnel to provide a continuum of speech and language services to students from Pre-K – grade 12
- conduct screenings and assessments using formal and informal speech and language measures
- communicate and interpret results to team members
- provide recommendations for universal, targeted and specialized services based on data gathered
- prepare written assessment reports upon request
- provide consultation to teachers regarding speech and communication goals for students’ IPPs
- collaborate to provide school and system level professional development to build system capacity around teaching students with communication needs
- provide teachers with classroom-based supports based on individual and group needs
- work closely with school based therapy assistants to ensure ongoing treatment for student requiring targeted and specialized services
- collaborate with district support service team to provide effective ongoing supports to schools
- work collaboratively with therapists from multiple service providers
- support students, staff and parents with programming and instruction in the use of augmentative or alternative communication systems
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology or equivalent
- Registered member with the Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologist (ACSLPS)
- Eligibility for an Alberta teaching certificate considered an asset
- Previous school-based collaborative work considered an asset
Salary based on education and experience.
Deadline for this position is a soon as there is a suitable applicant pool.
Please send application to:
Sean Beaton, Assistant Superintendent
Grasslands Public Schools