Grande Yellowhead Public School Division (GYPSD) requires one (1) Full-Time Speech-Language Pathologist commencing August 31, 2020.
As a Speech and Language Pathologist, you will be responsible for providing prevention, health promotion, identification, assessment, intervention, and case management to students across the Division. The successful candidate will assist school teams to develop strategies and action plans to strengthen inclusive practices and better meet the diverse learning needs of all students.
Duties of the Speech-Language Pathologist will include:
- Provide intervention strategies (universal, targeted and specialized) and program development to address:
- Speech delays and disorders including articulation, phonology and motor speech disorders.
- Language delays and disorders, including expression and comprehension in oral and non-verbal contexts
- Fluency disorders, including stuttering.
- Voice and resonance disorders.
- Cognitive-communicative disorders including social communication skills, reasoning, problem solving and executive functions.
- Pre-literacy and literacy skills including phonological awareness, decoding, reading comprehension and writing.
- Liaise with division personnel and parents in a team focused approach
- Administer, score and interpret standardized speech-language assessments
- Contribute to student Individualized Support Plan (ISP) development and program planning
- Facilitate professional development for parents, teachers and educational assistants
- Support and observe students as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Work collaboratively with the Division and School Based Teams and professional agencies.
- Travel to all five zones within the school Division is required
Preference will be given to applicants who possess:
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent
- Active or eligible registration and practice permit with the Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA).
- Experience with the school-age population is preferred
- Ability to apply knowledge of principles, guidelines, concepts and procedures related to speech programming in educational settings
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
In accordance with Board Policy the successful applicant will be required to provide the following:
- a Vulnerable Sector Check
- a Child Welfare Record Check
Please include a list of references with permission for Grande Yellowhead Public School Division to contact any or all references.
Interested applicants, please email HRsupport@gypsd.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those shortlisted will be contacted.