Speech-Language Pathologist, Full-Time
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre is a paediatric health facility in Thunder Bay, Ontario providing occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech-language pathology, and social work and recreation services to children and youth with physical, communication and developmental needs.
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre is seeking a speech-language pathologist to work with children from infancy to 19 years of age. As part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team, responsibilities include assessment, development and monitoring of treatment programs, authorization of AAC technology, and consultation with parents/caregivers and other service providers. Some travel within Northern Ontario and catchment area may be required.
To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Individual Authorizer Status is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of rehabilitation services within the paediatric service sector
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Ability to collaborate with service partners, families, caregivers and other stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle
The successful candidate will be required to submit a Police Vulnerable Sector Check. Knowledge and experience working with Indigenous peoples and communities is considered an asset. Bilingualism English/French is considered an asset.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enrich children’s lives, while enhancing your professional and personal growth in our team-based environment. Passion for providing the best possible standard of care, understanding of paediatric rehabilitation services, and exceptional people skills are key to success in this role. We encourage applications from qualified candidates, who share our vision of empowered and inspired children, youth and families.
We are seeking a candidate to fill this position as early as possible. This opportunity will remain posted until filled.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with covering letter to:
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre
200 Brock Street East
Thunder Bay ON, P7E 0A2
George Jeffrey Children's Centre follows the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. If you have accessibility or other requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know.