|Posting:||Speech Language Pathologist 1.0 FTE|
|Location(s):||All Elementary Schools|
|Closing Date:||Until filled|
Fort McMurray Catholic Schools requires a 1.0 FTE Speech Language Pathologist. This job involves providing speech and language services to EEP - Gr. 6 students within an inclusive educational environment.
The primary responsibilities will focus on addressing and identifying speech and language needs, using assessment tools, which have been impacting the student’s performance in an early learning setting. Collaborating and communicating with both the school team and multi-disciplinary team is essential. Involvement in building capacity with teacher, other educational staff and through parents and family is primary responsibility.
Job Responsibilities and Activities
- Multi-disciplinary Teams participation
- Administer, score and interpret standardized speech and language assessments
- Monitor students’ progress
- Conduct speech language therapy within context of typical classroom activities
- Direct and assist students in performing daily classroom routines
- Program development
- Consultation and Co-ordination
- Participate in Individual Program Planning (IPP)
- Collaborate to develop broad based strategies that focus on integration of Speech and Language development within daily functioning of classroom/school environments
- Professional Development focused on creating bench-strength and increasing knowledge for District
- Enjoy working in a school environment
The successful applicant must hold a Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology and be registered with ACSLPA. 2 or more years of experience would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a vulnerable sector check along with a criminal record check. FMCSD may contact past and present employers for references. All FMCSD employees are expected to be computer literate which includes fluency with Google supports and MS Office.
Please submit your application/resume to:
Fort McMurray Catholic Schools
9809 Main Street
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 1T7
Tel: (780) 799 - 5700
Fax: (780) 799 - 5706
Only those applications submitted and received by 4.00pm on the closing date will be considered for this position
We thank all applicants for their interest.