Speech Language Pathologist
Regular Full Time
FIREFLY is seeking full time Speech Language Pathologists for our Kenora and Sioux Lookout locations. Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the Speech Language Pathologist will provide clinical services such as, but not limited to, screening, assessment, intervention and home programming for children with communication impairments. The individual filling this position will benefit from the availability of additional Speech Language Pathologists working within the Agency and access to a mentor.
- Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders
- Member of College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and facilitation skills
- Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Authorizer status is an asset
- Previous experience working in a community setting is an asset
- Experience with children who have multiple needs is an asset
- Current valid driver’s license
- Understanding of the Anishinabe culture, First Nation communities and language is a definite asset
- Fluency in French would be an asset
- Current clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screen is required
- Travel within the service region is required, including travel to Far North communities
FIREFLY offers a comprehensive benefits package including: membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), starting vacation entitlement of 4 weeks per year, additionally, FIREFLY pays 100% of the premiums for health, dental, vision, life insurance and critical illness benefits. The salary range for this position is $63,042 to $77,534 per year. Placement on the wage scale is dependent on education and experience.
To apply please visit our website and complete our online application at www.fireflynw.ca/careers