Speech-Language Pathologist, SBRS
Permanent and Temporary Full Time – 10 Months Positions
Multiple Positions Available
Across Peel and Halton Regions
Start Date: August 17, 2020
Orientation Dates: August 17 to September 4, 2020
School Based Rehabilitation Services (SBRS) provides occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to students in publically funded schools from kindergarten to school exit. SBRS clinicians consult with the school team to enable student participation in the school curriculum and school based activities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Provide speech assessment, goal setting, and intervention for students who present with a broad range of speech, fluency and/or voice disorders.
- Working collaboratively with the school team to determine a service delivery plan for each student.
- Manage an assigned case load and contribute to the quality of care to clients through adherence to the professional standards of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
- Documentation of care.
- Liaising with the school team and parents to book appointments.
- Maintain regular contact with client families and keep them informed of treatment plans.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology;
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario;
- Minimum two years of clinical experience working with school age students preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting;
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset;
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid is required or must be completed prior to August start date;
- Travel is a requirement for these roles;
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a personal vehicle.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer.