Speech-Language Pathologist, SBRS
10 months /year based on School year - July/August off
Permanent Full Time & Temporary Full Time (August 23, 2021 – March 31, 2023)
Brampton & Mississauga site
School Based Rehabilitation Services (SBRS) provides occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to students in publically funded schools from kindergarten to school exit. SBRS clinicians consult with the school team to enable student participation in the school curriculum and school based activities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Provide speech assessment, goal setting, and intervention for students who present with a broad range of speech, fluency and/or voice disorders.
- Working collaboratively with the school team to determine a service delivery plan for each student.
- Manage an assigned case load and contribute to the quality of care to clients through adherence to the professional standards of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
- Documentation of care.
- Liaising with the school team and parents to book appointments.
- Maintain regular contact with client families and keep them informed of treatment plans.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology;
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario;
- Minimum two years of clinical experience working with school age students preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting;
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset;
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid;
- Travel is a requirement for these roles;
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a personal vehicle.
Why should you join us?
- Competitive salary and benefit plan which includes Health and Dental options for you and your loved ones
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan - ( HOOPP)
- WorkPerks- Discounts for you and your family to enjoy an array of different services and amenities
- Employee Assistance Program / People Connect ( Mental health supports available 24/7)
- Wellness Program
- Learning & Development opportunities- We are ready to work with you in pursuit of your goals! There are plenty of ongoing internal and external learning opportunities that are available to all our staff, as well as professional supports in place from day one!
- Mentorship Opportunities- Direct observation from a mentor to help new graduates develop into skilled clinicians
- The people and most of all the KIDS!!!
To view our state of the art buildings – please check out this YouTube video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQFy5VTmFt8
How to apply
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Please note that all prospective ErinoakKids employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including the full and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination, as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment.
We will make accommodations as provided for pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.