Clinical Research Grants
SAC Clinical Research Grants
Sponsored by BMS Group
Launched in 2007, SAC's Clinical Research Grants aim to increase the clinical evidence base in the fields of speech-language pathology and audiology in Canada. Each year, SAC may award up to two grants of $3,500 each.
The principal applicant must:
- Be a practicing speech-language pathologist or audiologist.
- Be a member of SAC.
- Have, at a minimum, a master's degree (or equivalent) in speech-language pathology or audiology.
- Have at least one year of clinical experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2018
SAC’s Clinical Research Grants Committee will evaluate submissions on the following criteria:
- Research question has practical clinical application.
- Research findings will increase research capacity - i.e. lead to clinical research in the future
- Research findings will be useful to other SAC Members in their day-to-day clinical interactions (screening, diagnostic or rehabilitative) with clients.
- Evidence of a strong research team as demonstrated by previous successful research experience on the part of the clinician applicant or mentor. For example: peer-reviewed publications, scholarly presentations or grants.
- Research project is doable within the proposed costs, methods and projected timeframe.
- SAC Clinical Research Grant Submission — Evaluation Rubric
Previous SAC CRG recipients have volunteered to mentor applicants and provide guidance on submitting a strong proposal.
If you are interested in submitting an application for a CRG and are looking for guidance, contact Chantal Kealey for a list of mentors.
- How to Write a Research Proposal (Part 1) - By: Paul T.P. Wong, Ph.D., C.Psych.
- Informatics Research Proposal by Alex Lascarides
- SAC Lunch & Learn Webcast: How to Submit an Application for an SAC Clinical Research Grant
- Past recipients and research topics
For Grant Recipients:
Interim Reporting Form: To be completed by recipient one year into research.
Final Reporting Form: To be completed by recipient once research is complete.
Director of Audiology and Communication Health Assistants
1.800.259.8519 ext. 233