We are Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC), a membership-driven organization that supports, promotes and elevates the professions of our members and associates. We are the only national organization passionately supporting and representing speech-language pathologists, audiologists and communication health assistants inclusively. Through this support, we champion the needs of people with communication disorders.
Our members and associates are why we exist. When you’re an SAC member or associate, you can get down to work knowing that we are there supporting and fighting for you, every day. Here’s what we bring:
- You get louder: With more than 6,400 members and associates across the country, our numbers do the talking. As the largest association of its kind in Canada, we are able to advocate effectively and fiercely for you, bringing greater bargaining power and a stronger voice to negotiations, advocacy and policy discussions. And our national mandate means that our efforts to raise your profile and your profession are heard across the country.
- You get together: We like to share. Our members and associates are our family and our personal connections help keep us strong. Our members and associates participate in committees, surveys, boards and focus groups and our biennial conference offers working groups, networking, professional development and the opportunity to interact with leading industry experts.
- You get more: As an SAC member or associate, you can take advantage of the broadest suite of benefits available, including national clinical certification, professional development tools, position papers and research, powerful advocacy, our biennial conference, deep discounts on insurance and other services and much more. Most importantly, we’re here when you call. We take care of our own.
- Our broad suite of benefits and services means that you feel supported and your day-to-day professional life is made easier.
- Our strength and advocacy mean that you benefit from our promotion of the professions: your profile and value is raised and you are more in demand.
- Through clinical certification and professional development, your profession itself is elevated by SAC, improving skills and raising professional quality and reputation.
Learn more about the benefits of joining SAC for: