SAC works with third-party payers to ensure that audiology programs and services are both meeting the needs of clients and the interests of audiologists.
Visit the links below for updates and information about past changes:
- Federal Healthcare Partnership (group information which includes VAC/BC, DND, NIHB and RCMP)
- Veteran's Affairs Canada (VAC)/Blue Cross
- National Defense and Canadian Forces
- First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB) - Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Interim Federal Health Program (temporary health-care coverage for non-insured populations awaiting an immigration decision or resettling in Canada)
Extended Health Benefits
Many large insurance companies providing extended health-care benefits include coverage for services such as speech-language pathology, physiotherapy and massage therapy; however, many do not cover audiology services.
We have prepared a letter template for you and your clients, which you can use to request and advocate for the inclusion of audiology services in extended health-care benefits packages.
We encourage you and your clients to advocate for audiology services by modifying and personalizing this letter and sending it to the insurance company.