Government Relations

SAC is a member-driven organization that supports, promotes and elevates the professions of our members. Our members are why we exist. When you're an SAC member, you can focus on your work knowing that we are there supporting and advocating for you, every day. 

Your National Voice

With more than 6,000 members across the county, our numbers do the talking. As the largest association of its kind in Canada, we are able to advocate effectively and fiercely for you, bringing greater bargaining power and a stronger voice to negotiations, advocacy and policy discussions. And our national mandate means that our efforts to raise the profile of your profession are heard across the country. 

We bring the voices of our members and associates to Parliament Hill, speaking out on pertinent communication health issues.

In addition to SAC-lead initiatives, the association is also a member of the Health Action Lobby (HEAL) (with 37 other national health organizations); the Canadian Coalition for Public Health in the 21st Century, the Mental Health Table and the Group of 7 Health Professions. All groups work collaboratively with other health care organizations to impact federal policy.

SAC in Action

In 2012, we made a point of ensuring that members know about our advocacy work through a new quarterly e-publication called SAC in Action. Learn more.

2014 Pre-Budget Submission

In August, 2013, SAC made its annual submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance as part of their annual pre-budget consultations for the 2014 federal budget. Read our submission here.*

Past Advocacy Initiatives*

Please note that these were published when SAC was called the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA).

If you have any comments, questions or suggestions on the initiatives we undertake on your behalf, we would love to hear from you.

Please remember: SAC's mandate is national; so, if you have suggestions related to provincial- or territorial-level initiatives, we recommend that you contact your provincial or territorial association first.