Speech-Language & Audiology Canada’s Career Development Program (CDP) is a mentorship program that connects students and new graduates with experienced speech-language pathologists and audiologists. The program is designed to help new and soon-to-be-new professionals navigate the opportunities and challenges they face at the beginning of their career.
Mentees will gain a better understanding of the professional world, expand their network and identify areas for personal and professional development. Mentors will have the opportunity to earn CEE credits, give back to their profession, make new contacts, learn about new trends and enhance their leadership, communication and management skills.
How does the program work?
Mentors and mentees will be paired based on a number of factors, including their profession, location, language proficiencies and professional interests. Mentors and mentees will be in regular contact throughout the duration of the program, which runs from October through March.
Once paired, mentors and mentees will receive additional information and guidance from SAC to support their relationship.
Who is eligible?
There are two categories of individuals who are eligible to become mentors: SAC Clinically Certified members and SAC retired associates.
- Clinically certified members: Must be a clinically certified member in good standing with at least 3 years of professional experience at the time of application.
- Retired associates: Must have a valid SAC retired associate membership at time of application. Must have been clinically certified at time of retirement. Must have retired after October 1, 2015.
There are two categories of individuals who are eligible to become mentees: SAC student associates and SAC members who are recent graduates.
- Student associates: Must have a valid student associate membership at time of application and must anticipate graduating before December 31, 2017.
- Recent graduates: Must have a valid SAC membership at time of application and must have graduated after December 31, 2015.
All participants must reside in Canada for the duration of mentorship.
How can SAC members and associates apply?
- Read a summary of the program here and short FAQ here.
- Complete the application form for mentors or application form for mentees.
- Submit your completed form to André LaFlamme at email@example.com by August 18, 2017.
For more information about SAC's CDP, please contact André LaFlamme, Manager of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.