Location: The Latvian Centre, 4 Credit Union Drive, Toronto ON
Come join us for an Educational Opportunity that is specifically tailored to Speech-Language Pathologists who are interested in developing skills in the area of dysphagia assessment and management.
Objectives of this workshop:
• Understand the prevalence of dysphagia and its link to respiratory and nutritional consequences;
• Learn about screening tools for dysphagia;
• Review best practice in clinical methods for evaluating swallowing;
• Explore issues of videofluoroscopy conduct (radiation safety, stimulus preparation, procedure design);
• Practice rating videofluoroscopy recordings and compare ratings to those of the instructor and other participants;
• Understand the evidence behind various treatments for dysphagia including texture modification, postural adjustments, tongue-strength training, effortful swallow, Mendelsohn maneuver, Shaker exercise, and more.
Who Should Attend?:
The course is for Speech-Language Pathologists who are interested in developing skills in the area of dysphagia assessment and management. Students who have completed their theoretical coursework in dysphagia may also register.
For registration forms and more information click here.