Pembina Hills Public Schools
Temporary 10 Month Full-time
Speech and Language Pathologist
Job Code: 1803178
Pembina Hills Public Schools (PHPS) invites applications for a Temporary 10 Month Full-time Speech and Language Pathologist for the 2017-2018 school year. The successful candidate will support Program Unit Funded students as well as work with Aspen Collaborative Services (ACS). Aspen Collaborative Services (ACS) offers regional supports and services designed to support children and youth in their learning and well-being. Duties are to commence August 28, 2017.
Successful candidate responsibilities:
- Provides universal, targeted and individualized supports and services as a member of the School Linked Team and Regional Consultation Team
- Provides consultative supports and services that promote academic and social inclusion
- Supports and develops a strength based model of services
- Promotes mental health and wellness
- Provides consultative supports and services that promote inclusion and well-being in the areas of: communication skills, social language, literacy skills, low and high tech augmentative communication, reducing barriers to learning, promoting health and active behaviors and lifestyles, and being engaged members of their communities
- Delivers supports and services in a geographic area that serves the areas of Swan Hills, Barrhead, Westlock, as well as smaller communities in between
To work with Aspen Collaborative Services you must:
- Be registered and a member in good standing with the Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- Maintain professional malpractice insurance
- Experience working with school aged children and youth
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be available to travel and have access to a vehicle
For further information, please contact:
Rob McGarva (Director of Student Services) 780-674-8506 or Rob.McGarva@phrd.ab.ca
Please visit www.phpschools.ca for further details about the school division
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply at: http://www.phrd.ab.ca/JobPostings.php
If you require assistance with the application process, please call:
Simplication @ 1-877-900-5627
Your resume should include a list of references with permission for Pembina Hills Public Schools to contact any or all references.
Original Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector (dated within one year) must be provided prior to employment.
Original Intervention Record Check (dated within one year) – issued by Child & Family Services Authority must be provided prior to employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.