Speech Language Pathologist
At the Child and Parent Resource Institute (CPRI), we provide highly specialized trauma-informed mental health and developmental services. These services include Assessment, Consultation, Treatment, Research and Education. We work with local community services, building on what they have already done and use evidence-based practices to adapt our approach to the unique needs of each child. CPRI is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist with proven experience in the provision of speech-language pathology assessment and consultation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
- Work with a strong, progressive team of professionals from various disciplines
- Plan, develop, monitor and evaluate speech and language services for an assigned caseload of clients
- Provide training, educational and consultative services to staff, students, community and educational institutions
- Liaise with families, the CPRI team and communities throughout the treatment plan life cycle
- Provide guidance to and supervise speech-language pathology student graduate placements
NOTE: The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours and travel.
How do I qualify?
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- You can provide consultation, clinical guidance/education to parents, guardians, and outside agencies to establish appropriate programming and follow-up on the rehabilitation of clients and improve CPRI programs
- You can design individual or group programming for staff to implement with speech therapy clients
- You can participate in established clinical research projects
- You have proven experience in the provision of speech-language pathology assessment, consultation and intervention services to children with complex needs
Analytical and Organizational Skills:
- You have analytical skills and motivation to develop and/or participate effectively in educational, research and program evaluation activities
- You have organizational skills
- You have training, guidance and leadership skills to adequately supervise student placements
- You have well developed verbal and written communication skills
- You can communicate and interact well with clients, parents and other professionals
- You are able to work effectively in a transdisciplinary team environment
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills to provide case coordination for clients through developing treatment plans in coordination with family, CPRI team, and community
- You have strong interpersonal skills
Salary Range: $1,225.94 - $1,468.03 per week
- 1 Permanent, 600 Sanatorium Rd, London, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 108523, by Thursday, June 29, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.