Speech Language Pathologist
5 x Temporary Full Time FTE to March 31, 2019
FIREFLY, in partnership with Kenora Chiefs Advisory, is seeking five temporary full time FTE Speech Language Pathologists to work in the First Nation Communities in the Kenora District. Reporting to the FIREFLY Senior Manager of Rehabilitation Services, the Speech Language Pathologists will engage in the screening, assessment, interpretation and home programming of infants, children and youth with communication impairments. Duties will include caseload management, assessment, treatment planning, consultation, caregiver (home & school) training, and acting as a resource for other FIREFLY staff, Kenora Chiefs Advisory staff and community agencies as well as attending unit and service meetings. Additional opportunities can be considered based on experience and interest. You will work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary team. Individuals filling these positions will benefit from the availability of additional SLPs working within the Agency and access to a mentor. Travel to outlying areas within the Kenora District will be required.
- Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Previous experience in a pediatric setting will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and facilitation skills
- Understanding of the Anishinabe culture, First Nation Communities and language is a definite asset.
- Ability to use a wide range of assessment tools
- Ability to work creatively with clients both individually and in group settings
- Sensitivity to the needs of parents/caregivers and the ability to support and involve them in programming
- Computer literate with experience in electronic client file entry
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Criminal reference/vulnerable sector check in good standing
- Fluency in French would be an asset
Location: Kenora, ON
Start Date: August 21, 2017
Salary: Dependent upon education and experience.
Submit Resume to:
820 Lakeview Drive Kenora, ON P9N 3P7
Posting Date: July 24, 2017
Closing Date: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. FIREFLY is an equal opportunity employer. FIREFLY welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.